Coping Strategies During COVID-19
Looking after our well-being can be challenging, especially during uncertain times with constant changes. It’s even more important now to look after our well-being, so that we stay positive and resilient when facing challenges that may come our way.
Here are some tips from the Student Success Team to help you stay well!
- Exercise (15-30 mins a day).
- Practice Gratitude (appreciate the little things in life).
- Sleep (7-9 hours a day).
- Get connected (carve out time to spend with friends and family).
- Practice mindfulness (be aware, accept, and let go of thoughts and emotions).
- Take frequent breaks (20/20 rule - 20 mins of screen time, 20 secs off).
- Be mindful of your seating posture.
- Organize your home learning/working space.
- Set short achievable and attainable goals (to keep motivated).
- Stay hydrated and maintain a healthy diet.
Choosing one strategy to practice everyday can help us get started on building good habits for our well-being. There is no better time to start than now!
Check out our Student Success Team’s chosen well-being strategy:
Mindfulness meditation helps with regulating thoughts and emotions
Eating a healthy and nutritious diet can improve mental health
Tags: Schoolwide Events & Celebrations, Learning Designers, Head of School Highlights, Lower Loop Latest, Student Spotlight, Upper Loop Updates