- Keep an eye on your inbox over the following week for UL Mid-Quarter Progress updates.
- The First Duke of Edinburgh expedition of the year heads out during 12-13 December 2023
- Donations Wanted!
- As part of the Grade 5 Explore Project “How can mapping my community impact individuals?”, the class is collecting donations for Bangkok Community Help at Winter Fest on 8 December.
- Donations can be dropped off at the Grade 5 booth during the event and donation boxes will be available in the HUB until 13 December.
- The G5 will visit Bangkok Community Help in person to deliver the donations in time for the holidays!
- List of necessities and & dry goods for donation:
- Shampoo / แชมพู
- Toothpaste / ยาสีฟัน
- Soap / สบู่
- Mosquito Spray / สเปรย์กันยุง
- Adult Diapers / ผ้าอ้อมผู้ใหญ่
- Baby Diapers / ผ้าอ้อมเด็ก
- Formula (step one and two) / นทผงฟอมูล้า (ขั้นที่หนึ่งและสอง)
- UHT milk for kids / นม UHT สำหรับเด็ก
- 5 kilo bags of rice / ข้าว 5 กิโล
- Cooking oil / น้ำมันปรุงอาหาร
- Canned fish / ปลากระป๋อง
- Fresh fruits and vegetables / ผักและผลไม้สด
- Snacks and cookies for kids / ขนมและคุกกี้สำหรับเด็ก
- Clothes, furniture, and household equipment / เสื้อผ้า เฟอร์นิเจอร์ ของใช้ในบ้าน
- Please book a conVERSO with your learner’s Advisor to find out more about how you can support your learner’s successful academic growth at home!
- The Advisor will help you arrange meetings to connect you with any of your learner’s LDs.
- Most academic issues can be quickly resolved by families and LDs working together to support each learner.
- New Event! Please join us for ULtimate Winter Showtime right before the Winter Fest event.
- Research LAB A: CAMPAIGN for CHANGE - Human Rights Movements
Learners are finalizing their work and completing their campaign to mark the 75th anniversary of one of the world's most groundbreaking global pledges: the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR), 10 December 2023. Please join us to discover which human rights our learners are most passionate about and see how they are advocating for positive change at our Winter Showtime exhibition.
- Research LAB B: UNVEILING the DARKNESS - Genocide Prevention
Learners are finalizing their work and carefully curating their exhibition designed to generate awareness and support the prevention of future genocides while marking the 75th Anniversary of the Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide. Please join us at our Winter ShowTime exhibition to view their work in person and be part of this important event designed by our learners.
Power Hour with Coach Joe and Coach Thomas
Volleyball wraps up this week with some final scrimmages. With little prior knowledge of volleyball mechanics, learners are beginning to show coordination and teamwork. Power Hour for the semester will finish with some reflections on skills learned and applied. In the upcoming quarters, Power Hour will shift to fitness development, working on target exercises for health.
UniVERSOlly Well (U Well)
This week in UWell, learners joined VERSO Labs, a drug company start-up to discover and market a drug to the VERSO community that would benefit students. We learned about how drugs came to be, how they are delivered to the body, and how new methods of engineering are influencing the industry.
We had a visit from Silpakorn University International College wherein they shared their joint degree programs in hospitality, communication design, and business.
By Jarret Voytilla