Welcome back from October break and welcome to Quarter 2!! Here are a few final thoughts that the UL Team wants to share with you about Quarter 1.
Welcome back from October break and welcome to Quarter 2!!
Here are a few final thoughts that the UL Team want to share with you about Quarter 1.
Biomimicry with Michael, Chrissy, & Joseph
Genetic Engineering with Yi Lin, Gideon, & Matt
- Learners have been creating various final outputs to answer the driving question:
“How can we engage the masses on the ways genetic engineering has enhanced and disrupted humanity?”
- From academic essays, video animations, and podcasts, learners explored the different ways to showcase their understandings of genetic engineering.
- Since UL parents and guardians were the chosen audience for two of our learners’ outputs, here is the link to view Prim and Selina’s writing on genetic engineering about GM crops and humans as
Power Hour with Coach Joe
- The Upper Loop learners have finished their 3 weeks of Basketball with a typical 5 on 5 game.
- Following, a classic PE (Physical Education) game returns - DODGEBALL!
- Last year, Upper Loop learners explored various iterations of dodgeball, from individual play, team competitions, and modification to rules that involved movement limitations, revivals, and more.
- This year learners created a Dodgeball + Capture The Flag game that pinned 4 teams against one another. It was fast paced and exciting!
- After 3 weeks of Dodgeball variations, learners finished the quarter with badminton.
- With most learners having some experience with the sport, we have jumped right into round-robin games.
- In Quarter 2, learners will continue exploring other sports but begin learning more fitness-oriented skills including swimming.
That’s what’s up in the Upper Loop!
Thanks for reading.
By Jarret Voytilla