Hello Viper Fans!
I hope this email finds you well and ready for some more action, because we have some really exciting stuff coming up! But before we get into the fun part, please see some important reminders and updates.
In recent weeks, we've encountered situations where individuals have requested sign-ups, changes, or attended ASAs for which they are not officially registered. We kindly request your cooperation in refraining from these actions, as the ASA sign-up period was open from 16-28 August, and ASAs have been in progress for two weeks now. After tomorrow, we will not be able to accommodate any further changes or additions to the ASA rosters. Thank you for your understanding and adherence to this policy. Please bear in mind that for the next round of ASAs, there won't be strict time constraints. With this in mind, we will need to strictly adhere to our sign-up policy and timeline.
🚑 Community First Aid Training
We had our first community First Aid training today and it was a huge success with 17 participants. Our next one will be on Tuesday 26 September from 8:00am-11:00am in CONNECT. If you plan on coaching or running an ASA here at VERSO, please sign up using this link.
And now for the fun stuff... drum roll please..
- "Spirit Weeks" (or in our case "Spirit Days") take place in the week leading up to the homecoming event. It is filled with themed dress downs, activities, music and more to promote school spirit and community. Please see the flyers below for details.
- Homecoming typically takes place in high schools, colleges, and universities. It is an event that celebrates everyone being back on campus after summer holidays where the community comes together to celebrate the school's spirit, pride, and achievements. Let's get our whole community to come down and cheer on our teams whilst enjoying a DJ, emcee, halftime shows, and refreshments!
- 19 September: U18 boys away @ WCIB and U13 boys away @ TSIS
- 21 September: U15 girls and boys away @ TSIS
- 26 September: HOMECOMING EVENT! U18 boys and girls home vs LFIB and community first aid training
- 28 September: U11 boys home vs LFIB
🕰️ Pick Up Procedures
- LL and ML pickup time is at 4:00pm in front of @HELLO office. The latest pickup time is 4:30pm. If the pickup hasn't occurred by then, the learner will wait with our Security Team.
- UL pickup time is at 5:15pm in front of @HELLO office. The latest pickup time is 5:30pm. If the pickup hasn't occurred by then, the learner will wait with our Security Team
- The daily morning and afternoon swim training sessions will continue as scheduled. Attendance is recorded each day and shared with the office.
- It's important to be aware that these sessions are specifically intended for swimmers who have prior experience in competitive swimming and have the intention of participating in future competitions.
- Coach Nun, our new in-residence swim coach will be joining VERSO on Monday 2 October.